A fiduciary investment advisor can offer expertise and guidance to help you focus on actions that add value. When pursuing a better investment experience, investors should focus on the things they can control. Whether in Austin, TX or anywhere virtually in the US, here are ways a fiduciary investment advisor can help you stay on track:
10. Control Your Investment Focus
- Create an investment strategy tailored to meet your needs and risk tolerance. There is no guarantee investment strategies will be successful. That’s why it’s important to tailor an investment strategy to your unique financial goals.
- Structure a portfolio along the dimensions of expected returns.
- Diversify globally. It’s important to keep in mind, diversification does not eliminate the risk of market loss.
- Manage expenses, turnover, and taxes.
- Stay disciplined through market dips and swings.
- Putting your interests ahead of their own. Make sure your investment advisor is fee-only and serving as a fiduciary.
It starts with an advisor creating an investment plan based on market principles, informed by financial science, and tailored to a client’s specific needs and goals. Along the way, an advisor can help clients focus on actions that add investment value, such as managing expenses and portfolio turnover while maintaining broad diversification.
Equally important, an advisor can provide knowledge and encouragement to help investors stay disciplined through various market conditions.
This is part ten of a ten part series in pursuing a better investment experience.
Part One: Embrace Market Pricing
Part Two: Outguessing the Market – Don’t Try It!
Part Three: Past Performance – Don’t Chase It!
Part Four: Let Markets Work for You
Part Five: Consider the Drivers of Expected Returns
Part Six: Practice Smart Diversification
Part Seven: Market Timing – Avoid It!
Part Eight: Separate Emotions From Investing
Part Nine: Look Beyond Investment Headlines
American Association of Individual Investors: Five Steps for Gaining Control of Your Investments and Avoiding Mistakes
Fiduciary Investment Advisor Austin, TX
Still have questions in how to pursue a better financial planning and investment experience? Meet with a fiduciary investment advisor in Austin, TX or virtually online.